söndag 29 april 2007


Racism


It's In The Way

It's in the way you patronise
The way that you avert your eyes
The way that you cannot disguise
Your looks of horror and surprise

It's the assumptions that you make
On my behalf, and for my sake
And in the way you do not hear
The things we tell you loud and clear

It's in the way you touch my hair
The way you think the way you stare
It's right there in your history
Just like slavery for me

It's in the language that you use
The way that you express your views
The way you always get to choose
The way we lose

It's when you say "No offence to you"
And then offende me, as you do
It's in your paper policy
Designed by you, for you, not me

It's in the power you abuse
It's on TV, it's in the news
It's in employment, in your school
The way you take me for a fool

It's in the way you change my name
The way that you deny my pain
It's in the way that you collude
to tell me it's my attitude

It's in your false democrasy
It's in the chains you cannot see
It's how you talk equality
And then you put it back on me

It's in the way you get annoyed
And say I must be paranoid
It's in the way we have to fight
For basic fundamental human rights

It's in the invasion of my space
It's how you keep me in my place
It's the oppression of my race
IT'S IN MY FACE

© Andrea Cork

Inga kommentarer: